Ingredients for 5-6 servings:
18 oz ribs, 18 oz beets, 10 cups of water, 25 oz of soup vegetables, 2 cloves of garlic, 5 grains of allspice, 4 bay leaves, a few drops of lemon juice, salt, pepper, marjoram
- Wash the meat thoroughly and cut it into smaller pieces, then put it in a pot and pour water over it.
- Boil it until the water boils and scum starts to appear. Skim the scum, add salt, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for 30-40 minutes.
- Peel the beetroot and grate or cut into small sticks. Peel the soup vegetables, char the onion over an open flame for a more intense aroma, cut the carrots, parsley, celery, and leek in half. Put the soup vegetables into the meat stock, add allspice, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 40 minutes over low heat with the lid slightly open so that the soup bubbles gently.
- Add the beets and cook for another 20 minutes until they are tender. When the beets are done, take the soup off the heat, add pepper, marjoram, and lemon juice and stir.
- Remove the vegetables (except the beet) and meat, set aside the meat, onion, and leek (you can use them for other dishes!), and finely chop the carrots, parsley, and celery, and put them back into the soup. Done 🙂