1.32 lb pork shoulder, ciabata bun, BBQ sauce, 1 red onion, 2 spoons of honey, 6.8 oz red wine, 2 pcs of Indonesian cloves, 1 pcs of cinnamon bark, 0.45 lb of Napa cabbage, 1 bunch of coriander leaves, 3 spoons of mayonnaise, 3 spoons of gyro spice, 1.6 oz of peanuts.
- Prepare the pork shoulder – rub in meat seasoning, leave in a cool place for at least 12 hours, then wrap in aluminium foil, put in the oven preheated to 320oF (160oC) for
4 hours. After that time, the roasted pork should crumble in your hands.
- Put the roasted meat with the roasting juice in a bowl. Add a few spoonfuls of BBQ sauce.
- Pull the meat apart along the fibres while it is still warm.
- Keep the meat under cover in a warm place such as the oven.
- Cut the onion into half-slices, chop the Napa cabbage and coriander leaves. Roast peanuts on a dry frying pan, cool down and then chop with a knife.
- Warm up honey in a pot, when it starts to froth, add cloves and cinnamon.
- Heat spices for a while in caramelised honey and then add onion. Fry while continuing to stir for about 2-4 minutes. Pour in red wine, cook everything together until the wine has evaporated completely.
- In a separate dish mix cabbage, mayonnaise, coriander and a few spoonfuls of BBQ sauce. Mix everything together.
- Cut ciabata in half lengthwise, bake in the oven or on a grill pan. Put a portion of cabbage salad on one part. Place a large portion of meat on the salad, put two tablespoons of caramelized onion on top of the meat and sprinkle with peanuts. Put the other part of the bun on top.