1.76 lb of pork cheeks, 2 medium carrots, 1 onion, half a celery, half a tomato, 2 apples, 4 bay leaves, 2 anise stars, 1 teaspoonful of thyme, 4 cloves of garlic, 10.56 fl oz of bouillon, 7.04 fl oz of dry white wine, 1 tablespoonful of olive oil, salt, pepper, 1.41 fl oz of maple syrup, parsley
- Preheat the oven to 320°F with the thermo option.
- Sprinkle the cheeks with salt and pepper. Leave to rest for approx. 15 minutes.
- Fry the cheeks in olive oil on both sides until lightly browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Peel, wash and finely dice the carrots, onion and celery and add to the remaining fat in the pan. Fry for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add finely diced tomato, bay leaves, aniseed, thyme, wine, chopped garlic and diced apple. Stew for 3 minutes.
- Pour the whole mixture into a cheeky dish. Add the stock and 0.35 fl oz maple syrup so that the liquid covers the meat. Roast covered for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, transfer the cheeks to the roasting tin and return to the oven uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the liquid from the braising pan into a saucepan. Heat up and add 0.88 fl oz of maple syrup. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with the potatoes.
- Top with maple sauce and garnish with parsley.