Frying pan (grill, stainless steel, ceramic, or cast iron), tongs, wooden spatula
High-quality beef tenderloin, roast beef or ribeye 2-3 cm thick, fat (sunflower oil, rapeseed oil, or clarified butter), salt, pepper, favorite herbs
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator half an hour before frying.
- Wash the meat thoroughly and remove any silver skin, then pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle coarsely ground salt on one side of the meat – the side you will fry first. Heat the frying pan and spread the fat evenly, and wait until it gets very hot.
- Using tongs, gently place the meat in the pan and do not move it, so that it does not lose its flavor.
- Sprinkle the other side of the meat with salt and use tongs to gently turn it over.
How long should it be grilled?
- for medium-rare – about 2 minutes on each side
- for medium – about 3-5 minutes on each side
- for well done – 6-8 minutes on each side or longer
- To seal the meat and prevent the juices from leaking out, after frying on both sides, hold the meat in tongs and lightly brown the sides.
- Coat the surface of the meat with melted fat for a delicious glaze 🙂 Set the steak aside for about 3 minutes, then sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and your favorite herbs.