0.55 lb minced meat, 2 medium onions, 3 cloves of garlic, you may add one tablespoon of wild garlic, salt, pepper, optionally tomato puree
1.1 lb flour (e.g. baking flour or special flour for dumplings), 1 egg (optional), 3/4-1 cup hot water, 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Prepare the stuffing – cut the onion very finely and fry on a hot pan, add finely chopped garlic. When the onion is fried and softened, add minced meat and fry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Leave to cool down. You can grind the stuffing in a blender so it will be easier to insert it into dumplings.
- Prepare the dough – pour flour and salt into a bowl. Add egg and stir.
- Next, gradually add hot boiled water and make flexible dough. Form a ball and cover it for a moment with a hot, deep plate. This will make it easier to roll the dough later.
- When the plate cools down, divide the dough into pieces and roll into thin cakes.
Cut out the portions with a glass or a special device and stuff the dough with the cooled stuffing.
- Boil the dumplings in salted water for a few minutes after they have raised to the surface, stirring from time to time.
- Serve with fried onion in butter.