0.55-0.66 lb of the European beef, 16 tablespoonsfuls of olive oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 8 thyme sprigs, half a red chopped onion, 0.13 lb of butter, 10.56 fl oz of dry red wine, 1 finely chopped chilli pepper, 1 tablespoonful of grated warm chocolate, freshly ground pepper
- Place the steaks in a glass dish, pour over the olive oil, add the garlic, thyme and pepper and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to marinate.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry onions.
- Pour in the wine and add the chilli.
- Simmer over low heat until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan, add a splash of water and pour into the onions and wine.
- Grill the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Slice or serve it, topped with onion-chocolate-wine sauce.