6-8 slices of the European beef (roast beef, leg or silverside), salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of marjoram, half a teaspoon of herbal pepper, 2 teaspoons of mustard, 3-4 tablespoonsfuls of oil, 1 glass of beef-tea, half a glass of water, 7-8 dried mushrooms, 1 onion, 2 bay leaves, 3 grains of allspice, 1 table spoon of wheat flour, 2 pickled cucumbers, 1 slice of bread, 6-8 slices of raw bacon, 2 tablespoonsfuls of cream, toothpicks for tacking
- Leave the mushrooms in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes, then drain off any extra water.
- Thinly slice the beef, season with salt and pepper and brush with mustard.
- Cut the pickled cucumbers into strips.
- Slice the bread into strips.
- Place a slice of bacon, a cucumber strip, bread and a quarter of onion on the meat.
- Roll up the meat and tack it with a toothpick.
- Fry the rolls in oil on each side and put them into a pot with boiling beef tea.
- Dice the onions and mushrooms.
- Add onions, mushrooms, marjoram, bay leaves, allspice and herbal pepper to the pot.
- Cook covered until the meat is tender (about 2.5 hours).
- Dissolve a tablespoonsful of flour in half a cup of water and pour into the boiling sauce.
- Stir and bring it to the boil.
- Add two tablespoonsfuls of cream.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Serve with salad and potatoes.