1.1 lb minced meat – preferably pork and beef, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika powder, 3 spoonfuls of breadcrumbs, 1 egg, 1 spoonful of soy sauce, 4,25 ml of vegetable stock, olive oil, butter, 12 oz of tomato puree, passata from a bottle or carton.
- Prepare onion – dice into small cubes.
- Glaze the onion in a pan with a spoonful of olive oil, at the end add 1 grated clove of garlic and 1 spoonful of butter, dried oregano and paprika powder, stir and fry for a while.
- Remove from the pan and grind/mix in with the meat. Add breadcrumbs, egg, soy sauce, season with salt and pepper and knead thoroughly. Form small balls with moistened hands.
- Heat up a pan greased with olive oil and add the meatballs. Fry for a few minutes, when browned from underneath turn over to the other side and repeat frying. Towards the end, add a second grated clove of garlic and lightly brown it.
- Pour in hot vegetable stock into the pan with the meatballs, cover with a lid and cook for about 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan in the meantime to stir the meatballs.
- Add tomato puree and cook for about 10 minutes. In the meantime stir it 1-2 times.
- If necessary, season with salt, pepper, sugar and dried oregano. Serve with pasta and grated cheese, for example.